Monday, February 11, 2013

Familiarity


I haven't been very good about posting this year. I have actually written a couple posts and not posted them... for various reasons. But here they are now.

18 Jan, 2013
One of the best feelings in the world is being comfortably familiar in a place. I am in a place right now where I feel that and it is amazing. I’m starting my third January at the school and my second in hostel. I know my way around, I know how and what to plan for my classes, I know what to expect out of those classes, I can give advice about teaching to new teachers, I know the rules of boarding and can finally answer parent’s questions with confidence. I am in a good place. I feel like I am part of the school. That I’m starting to belong (a key word in my life journey). Which makes me terrified of what I think might be coming. Change. I’ve already admitted a strong fear of it. I want to be in a place I am comfortable. But I cannot stay here forever. Do I want to stay somewhere forever? I think I might. I would like to know what it would be like to be content in a place and a time of life. So much of the last 10 years has been movement. I want to keep growing and creating – that is good movement. But maybe I want to stay still while I do it.

11 Feb, 2013
So since then, I've realised that maybe change is coming, maybe it isn't. Right now, I'm going to enjoy the present. Maybe change isn't coming. Why spoil where I am by worrying about its potential end? Amazing what 3 weeks of thinking can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment